View Single Post
Old 2010-09-12, 00:57   Link #17587
Used Can

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Yes, but that's beside my point. What I meant was that the painting which the epitaph was displayed on was never there in the first place in Lion's world.
Indeed it wasn't, but that doesn't mean it didn't exist. In EP7's Tea Party, Kinzo gave it to the siblings when the fuss over the headship succession started. Of course, if you believe the Tea Party on its entirety was falsity, then you can say nothing happened. But at this point it's hard to tell whether it was a complete lie or not. Personally, I think it wasn't a complete lie.

Quote:
But if you think about it, Lion's world is full of non-sense.
I think that's the point of it. It is a special kakera in which Yasu/Beatrice didn't have to go through the things (s)he did, and can be happy.

Quote:
Why display a freaking book while Kinzo is supposed to have Beatrice's body and why hold a funeral THEN when Lion's already a freaking adult? Why hold any funeral at all? Why the 19 years delay to hold a funeral? And how come Rosa never get any punishment beside her self-imposed guilt (perhaps because she never said anything about the incident, and everyone else just thinks Beatrice met her demise truly by accident herself)?
As for the book, I'm not sure, but it can be related to the initial scene with Battler, Virgilia and what looked like Beatrice's funeral. As for why the delay in Beatrice's funeral in Lion's world. Well, if I come up with a quick idea, then... Lion is nearing his/her 20s, at which point Kinzo is planning on giving him/her the family headship. This being a special event, Kinzo decided to make a funeral to Beatrice - possibly for both of them (i.e. Castiglioni and his daughter). Probably, none of them had a proper burial ceremony, and Kinzo decided to hold this event in their memory.