View Single Post
Old 2013-02-10, 04:04   Link #36
Ceral
はりゃほれうまうーっ!

I feel really bad for the dad who was accused of murder, his life was pretty much wasted from going to prison. And for doing something that I bet all of us want to do, which is getting rid of that no-good child-abusing family. He just did it in a dumb way. And how did that family end up getting the girls after all that and to have lived with them for so long? One of those parents should have called child-abuse for pete-sakes. The one in prison should have been going mad, someone should have heard him. The guards, any visitors, it is just such a sad and ugly story that this could have happened to the girls. All three wanted to save them and knew how evil that family was, how they didn't; That's the biggest plot-hole for me.

After hearing his story, If I were one of the girls, I think I'd want to hear if I was his daughter because I'd actually prefer to be the daughter of the "murderer". Because at least he had the guts to stand up to that family, I'd have a stronger bond with him just for that.

<3 Kanata. Kind of ironic, in addition to being the most talented and/or hard-working she's also the most loyal and moral after all... It's Harukas route but I thought Kanata stole the show. Actually I don't think I got a very good feel of Haruka's character from these three episodes, well, at least outside of she likes throwing tantrums. So much of the route just seemed to be the drama and her throwing tantrums. Komari got her time on the lake and on the roof star-gazing, Haruka didn't get anything except the bare minimum that would satisfy the plot? I thought the best thing about LB was the characters, but J.C. isn't doing much to show off how moe they are.

Still, I thought the drama made this episode the best of the anime so far, although some of the acting and developments came across a little lame. Also really really way too many plotholes in this anime version of the arc, I really tried hard to forget about her arc from the VN, but I think I need to re-read it, at least now I have visualizations from the anime to help during some parts.