Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-09, 13:08   Link #3219
The Green One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I don't particularly care about Shiraitodai not dominating, I never expected much from them aside from Teru, to a lesser degree Awai, and then maybe Sumire. Regardless of their skill level, the only plot-important character (as in, with regards to Kiyosumi's story) is Teru so as long as Teru's credibility is maintained that's all that matters (of course, it's a shame that none of the other Shiraitodai members are attractive/interesting enough to be particularly likeable, but Saki has tons of characters so that's less of a problem).

My dissatisfaction with the Achiga ending lies solely with the fact that Achiga, as the main characters, never managed to prove interesting enough to make me happy that they're going to the finals (or, happy that they won the semi-finals). I still like Senriyama better in almost every way due to Ryuuka and (especially) Toki. Sera and Ako kind of cancel each other out for me, but I don't like any other character in Achiga. So since Shizu's win can't really be called anything but arbitrary authorial plot armour I don't need to bother with any sort of logical argument aside from "I don't like Achiga."
So you just outright admit that only your personal opinion matters and nothing else. Which is perfectly fine for you but irrelevant to anyone else. But hey that's fine, our opinion is something we're all entitled to, just don't expect everyone to take it seriously if there's no logic to it beyond your own personal feelings.
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote