View Single Post
Old 2010-10-16, 23:40   Link #100
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francismeunier View Post
That's not the point. It's how it is shown and integrated.
How is fanservice any more integrated in one scene than another? Naked girls are naked girls. The only exceptions would be like in scenes such as Gundam 00 S2's "quantum world" scenes. Index's fanservice is no less "integrated" than it's been since the beginning of the series.

Quote:
Yes but in the first season it shown more naturally or should I say that I did not mind it that much.
I have one general response to that: LOL. How is Index's clothes suddenly being blown off in episode one any more "natural" than anything here? Or Touma walking in on any naked/semi-naked female at any time? Or Aisa showing her chest when she pulls a nightstick out of her shirt?

Quote:
It's the way it was shown even if it was from the novel....was it really well shown so the novel intended it or was it to sexually gratify?
How does one do "well-shown" fanservice? From what I've seen, the fanservice whiners whine about it no matter how "well-shown" it is. And, I'm sorry, but how is any fanservice anything more than "sexual gratification?" I once again refer to Index's clothes suddenly being blown off, and a kazillion other scenes of fanservice.

Quote:
I have seen plenty of animes (now about at 115 series) that fan service was there for comedy and sexual gratification (provided it was well founded).
So if you've seen all those series, how does the fanservice here rate any differently than in most series-es? I've seen more than that, and one fact is constant, undeniable, and unarguable: Fanservice is fanservice, no matter how it's shown or used.

Quote:
It might have been something like for me but it still was annoying because it was more shown to sexually gratify.
Again, there is no such thing as fanservice that isn't for "sexual gratification," unless it's actually entirely to make a plot point or something, but at that point it wouldn't be fanservice anyway, it would be plot. And that kind of scene isn't exactly common, because there are rarely any situations where a clothed character can't get a plot point across as good as a naked character.
Index getting stripped stark naked by IB is nothing more than "sexual gratification."
Aisa showing cleavage when she pulls a nightstick out of her shirt is nothing more than "sexual gratification."
Several female characters being shown throughout the series in varying states of undress is nothing more than "sexual gratification."
Etc, etc.

All I'm hearing is excuses to whine about fanservice, when fanservice has been here in Index since the beginning of the novels, and in no way is the taste in fanservice any different than it's been since episode one. If you don't want to see "sexual gratification" fanservice, you should've gotten the message in episode one that this series is not for you. Nor is almost any anime, for that matter.

It's been over 10 years since anime has turned towards being fanservice based. I'm shocked some people haven't gotten the message yet.