View Single Post
Old 2012-11-07, 22:35   Link #209
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
/face palm

Are you people truly incapable of separating the two from your minds? That maybe, I don't- They're referring to the Sisters Arc AND some other fluff stuff that doesn't mix in together and are two completely separate things?!

I swear this is approaching NanoFate-ridiculous levels; It was stupid paranoia the first time idiots thought that the Sisters Arc would be skipped, and that line of irrational thinking continues to plague us today. I don't care if you all want to shit on Railgun, but for cry out loud at least use a legitimate reason so that it doesn't make us look like butt monkeys and give the other side something to shoot us back with.
I basically have to agree with you. There are a lot of fans of the Railgun anime who may have no exposure to the manga whatsoever. When they hear it's getting a sequel, they're obviously going to want to know that it's going to still have the same elements they enjoyed from the first season. (Keep in mind that the Railgun anime outsold the Index anime, so there are lots of Railgun fans to please.) At the same time, there are a lot of Railgun manga readers (and Index fans in general) who were anticipating an arc that happens to be darker in tone and nature, and they need to know that the anime team has no plans to skip that arc (and that it's in fact going to be the centerpiece of the new season). So it's obvious why the producer is saying what he is: he's trying to show that they're going to achieve a balance just -- as I might add -- the first season tried to do.

When a very successful show gets a sequel with the same staff at the helm, people should expect that it'll carry on in the model that made the first successful. But at the same time, they're going to cover the content that people are anticipating from the manga. This should normally be perceived as good news but, as you say, some people have an agenda to attack this show because it dares to be different from what they want it to be.

I don't see why we can't just have peace. I personally like both Index and Railgun, but I recognize they're two different shows trying to do two different things (that sometimes overlap). That's okay! It's a big franchise! By having two different styles, they can attract a wider audience overall. And if one of the two shows isn't done in a style that appeals to you, that's why there's the other one. Being able to gracefully accept things you cannot change is a sign of maturity, and I'd like to see more of that on this forum and in this thread.

(Besides, all this over-reaction because of one single unsourced fan translation that uses the word "unavoidable", as if the word used in Japanese carries all the same double-meanings that people are trying to apply to it.)