View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 22:03   Link #442
judasmartel
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post
Alternate love interests that end up "losing" (some may consider it winning depending on the series) get no romantic closure of their own. Or even worse, they just disappear into oblivion.

Also... characters disappearing into oblivion in general just annoy the crap out of me. I remember Akira Toriyama would entirely forget about the existence of entire characters.

And of course, I've posted this before, but really it's not okay to abuse a character just because they are a guy and/or a loser.
Alternate love interests losing I don't mind (because, well, they're not the main love interest, and shipping wars everywhere are getting worse than ever, Sakurasou gives us the worst shipping wars since Naruto), but an episode featuring that love interest's route would be sweet.

Likewise, characters disappearing into oblivion I don't really mind, but it would be sweet if the author or the staff reveals something interesting about that character, no matter how little. There is a reason people revere Eiichiro Oda as one of the Manga Trinity or something. HE NEVER FORGETS. EVAR.

Character abuse, hmm... Men are the expendable gender, and... some people really like to bash characters (and especially MAIN characters) just because they are losers. And here somebody doesn't like characters being beaten just because they are losers in-universe. I don't mean to offend you, man, but it's pretty much double standard, don't you think?

Women beating up men is a double standard as well. Female empowerment, remember? And it's not as if men are innocent of beating up women in real life.

But well, I think that's fine if the guy did something perverted or really horrible intentionally. If it's just an accident, however (which happens like 9 out of 10 times), the girl should just damn understand it's an accident!

Last edited by judasmartel; 2013-02-01 at 22:16.
judasmartel is offline   Reply With Quote