View Single Post
Old 2013-02-07, 02:45   Link #93
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I think you greatly misjudge Danzou.
All his actions were for the village. The only thing in his mind was the good of the village, and in the end he did sacrifice himself for it.
The big difference between him and the Hokages is, that the Hokages don't only think about the village, but about all Shinobi. Danzou would wipe out all the other villages if he had the chance, to bring the Leaf peace.
And I think you don't realize about low Danzou had fallen from his youth. What you describe is probably what Danzou was once upon a time, or what he told himself at least, but it wasn't who he was for decades. He didn't think about Konoha, he thought about Konoha led by him which is vastly different. There isn't a single of his action that hasn't harmed Konoha, from his dealing in Ame with Hanzo to betray Sarutobi to his abandon of Konoha to Pain in order to take down Tsunade and everything in between, Danzo is the worst traitor Konoha has ever known since its inception.
And he most certainly didn't sacrifice himself in the end. When he saw his death coming he turned his back and fled. His last jutsu was automatically activated upon his death to take his enemies along with him. He didn't forsake his own life for the good of others, he died a pathetic death after an unseemly life.

He was nothing like the Hokage he so despised, he was a self centered coward who told himself fairy tales about the greater good of the village when he believed himself to be the "king". The 2nd Hokage for all his harshness, apparent prejudice and unresolved issues with the Uchiha that stopped him from fully considering them part of Konoha was a man who truly thought about the village and its future first and foremost and sacrified himself to allow the youths and future of the village to survive. Danzou could never have made this decision, he couldn't as a youth and would have ordered them all to sacrifice themselves to allow him to escape in his old age.

Make no mistake, he's one of the few characters I actually like and I regret he wasn't given a more important role in the story, Konoha led by him could have led to so many interesting issue. But the reason I found him to have so much potential is precisely because he's the polar opposite of the Hokage.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote