Thread: Proposal Forum Reorganization
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-13, 14:46   Link #122
Haiprbim
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
but I don't really buy the "if you allow some, you must allow them all" logic either. Life is full of "grey".
It would be great if it would be that way, but it is not about allowance, but performance.
Just allowing some rare cases to exist is OK, but do people truly know that it is just those cases that are allowed and not more?
In this specific case, AnimeSuki, it may be fine because people are organized and not falling for these kind of thread creatings, while at some other forums they do, massively.

You are right, since this is AnimeSuki, we should focus on what to change and update on the current style of AS and look purely on it. I was carried away by looking at how some other forums usually have it while I should check in detail how these forums have it. (Usually, if one kind of thread is really active, similar threads are created and those either get active as well or don't, but people still make them)

I must say that overall, I'm impressed by how great the community is here.
I'm not saying to scratch what I've suggested, but I'll look into this a bit more and possibly update & advance my suggestion.
I hope I get opinions from others as well, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
We already have a few: Rate that "X" like threads, but I fail to see the point in some of the others.
I know we do, that is why I made the post, it would be useless to fix something that is not even broken.

Quote:
Countdown threads are pointless as pointless can get and your last example sounds like a comparison topic of sorts, which I rather see individually for each topic before deciding anything.
That truly depends on peoples' opinions.
Some really like threads like Count to 50 Before Mod Posts, just to pass their time, but some don't.
I'm not a really huge fan of those myself either, but I'd like to keep them in one section and allow others to have fun if they find it fun.

Quote:
In that sense, I would prefer to have a General thread request topic of sorts, rather than a whole section dedicated to games.
Looking at the first page of General Chat, I can see a lot of threads focusing on those kind of games.
Plus, creating its own Forum section would allow the performance of preventing the posts there to count in the Overall Post Count, which would be great.

Also, as some people find these kind of threads useless (like you have stated).
Having a whole Forum section dedicated for these kind of threads would make them unable to see those "annoying" threads since they would all be stocked-up in that Forum. In that case, only people enjoying them would visit that Forum section,which sounds pretty reasonable to me.

Edit: I'm sorry for double-posting, wasn't thinking of that at that time and thank-you for summing up my two posts.

Last edited by Haiprbim; 2013-04-13 at 14:59. Reason: Thanks for the sum-up.
Haiprbim is offline   Reply With Quote