View Single Post
Old 2012-05-08, 18:36   Link #111
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bighawke5 View Post
yea thanks for summarizing in bold
"So since we haven't seen good people with the Vagans we should commit genocide? It's certainly not possible at all that the leadership would only advance those who shared their beliefs right? That'd be like saying in WW2 all Germans should have been killed because all that the Allies met in battle were Nazi soldiers."
i dont agree here because your example assumes all germans were advocates of hitler even though he ruled by fear and its certainly not true because if you asked each and every german annonymously, if truthfully in their hearts if they supported his views 100% without question i'm sure you'd find some that disagreed(i know from personal experience with elder family menbers and their acquintances). Plus that would be near impossible since thats astronomical amounts of people.

BUT here we have a controlled space, where we know for a fact that all vagans share ezelcant's belief hence yea i'd say "kill em all" vagans, that is . Am i right for wanting to commit genocide because of my belief? no, but as long as i do it to protect a much more significant amount of people i dont care. And also the fact that i know ezelcant is straight up doing HIS genocide for revenge makes my decision and view about the whole thing that much stronger and helps me sleep at night knowing i've killed that many evil. I can gladly go to hell after the fact. I'm sure thats what's going on within flit's mind lol

does it mean ezelcant's reasons are wrong? no, because i can't judge him since i'm not perfect. I can call him evil though based on my beliefs as annyone standing by their beliefs would. The truth though is Both sides are wrong, because genocides solves nothing and is too costly, leaving nothing but sour tastes in the mouth.

"Both sides are going in the wrong direction here.
That's a beautiful dream. Unfortunately the worst part of circular arguments is that no one will ever stop. Still good to dream though" nicely worded sir, I seldom get too into disscussions about anime works and later recall "its all fantasy bud chillax" lol
Uhh.....we don't know that all the Vagans share Ezelcant's beliefs, just that his army does, kinda like how the Waffen SS shared Hitler's beliefs. In fact we don't even know what Ezelcant's beliefs are. So far he's said he wants to create a world where people don't have to kill each other or worry about disease. But that could just be what he wants Zeheart and his armed forces to hear, you know a motivational/manipulative tool.

Ezelcant and the Vagan army have been ruthless in their campaigns against the Federation, but we can't say for certain that their goal is genocide. It's a common and time tested tactic to target civilians in asymetric warfare. After all the Vagans seem to operate more as a guerilla, albeit a highly technologically advanced one.
Remember, one man's terrorist, is another's freedom fighter. To the Federation citizens getting blown up by Zheart's ship Ezelcant is a terrorist, but to the Vagans dying because of Mars Rays he is a hero.