View Single Post
Old 2010-09-04, 10:35   Link #4276
NightGale

Hahaha, as i see it the more i try to simplify it the more complex it gets, AIM fields disrupting magic flow is to expected afterall one way or another they are and extensions of the esper power and body of sorts...and in fact you can only expect that both the espers and the magicians firmly believe that magic and esper power canīt coexist, afterall they have only seen blowing up when they use magic from inside out and stuff like that...but fact is the ones that truly can say something accurate about how that works will be aleister(to some degree), aiwass and the angels (i wonīt mention God, since he hasnīt taken part in the fry yet), have said nothing truly valuable to it...what is truly the objective of Aleister in Filling the world with a AIM fields? to create a God? to kill God? to cutoff his interference in the world? for that matter is Aleister even a Esper or is he still a magician?(i remember him saying something about Imagine Breaker evolution being to slow and that he may have to step on the stage personally with a staff in hand).
...Hmm esper training is limited in the story becuase is actually a new science research field, but in some ways is connected and actually similar to magic, you can argue quite a bit about it but well things like Dark Matter that are otherwordly substance elements and the fact that even if just partially accelerator can create interference with magic(that takes power form othewordly beings) is something to take in account, as for personal realities...well a magician ceirtainly needs a medium(arrays and stuff), to bring power form angels, demons and gods but the power is limited to what he can manage and that limit is related (just like esp), to the brain power(a spell that goes haywire can fry the magician brain and nervous system right?), personality, will and well you get the gist of it.
What i wanted more than anything was to point at that magic and esp, are not that different nor totally unrelated (if that where the case one shouldnīt be able to interfere with the other and well it would go against the concept that toumaīs power is related to both and well you probably know more about it than me,xD), i donīt think iīm quite right but nor do i believe iīm totally of the mark, and well i just wanted to share my thoughs, maybe have you help me point my theory in the right direction and well, gottat admit that ranting like this is fun,xD

P.D: Partial knowledge and what you can get with spoilers is quite limited so i may i hope you will excuse me for that...