Thread: Skirts
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-24, 04:36   Link #83
Merilyn Mensola
I am a Boxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Ah what a fun thread. But since I hardly visit the General Chat section, you folks convinced me enough to jump in here

To start off my opinion, I want to share an article that I read on Yahoo 6 years ago, I don't have a link because Yahoo changed so much since then, but it's a hilarious read and probably the reason why I saved it:

While I do share some of those opinions, my love of girls wearing skirts is a lot more hilarious than that. You see, I come from Germany (make that Deutschmark Germany before the whole EU thing), and there was hardly a girl wearing a skirt. I know we're a 4 season country, but that doesn't mean they had to wear those jeans all 4 seasons, sure there were the occasional skirt here and there, but it's comparable to 1 in every 500 girls. I won't talk about the nightlife there because that's not casual wear. The only woman I regularly saw in a skirt was my mom, but that's my mother, man

That's not it though. When I moved to the USA, I think the change was too much of a shock: I went to LA, California, and it's hot, right? Oh my, there was like 1 in every 5 girls wearing a skirt, and any variation of it, mini skirt, thigh length you name it. I always loved going to the malls just to see these girls and their girlfriends dolled up (That always amused me too, it was the first time I regularly saw a bunch of girls hanging out together) Not long after that I entered the corporate world and fell in love with the business suit girls in knee length skirts (not the pants suit type, that makes them look like.... the First Lady )

So my love of the skirt is defined by a simple rule: if it's not jeans, then . I eventually generalized it by "a single piece of cloth that wraps around a girls butt", which is probably too general, but that experience I went through in Germany probably aided in me wanting to become a fashion designer just so I can change their perception of pants. Anything but the pants!... which is a bit odd, since I'm somewhat a fan of girls in hot pants, which could mean since I'm a leg fetish, it must not have been the skirts, but rather I didn't like girls imprisoning their wonderful legs in jeans...

Anyways, this post won't be complete without some pics, so here you go!

And last but not least, the avatar that started my insanity, from one of my top 5 series of all time, of a girl who transcends space and time, Aoba Kozue! (and all 4 of her egos )

Look at her! Not her butt you scumbag, I mean look at her, she's cleaning the tub wearing a sweater and a skirt. A SKIRT!!!

Amen man..amen....!!!!

Spoiler for (slightly nsfw) skirt love!:

mangatron wins.....Fatality