View Single Post
Old 2012-09-21, 01:48   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledgem View Post
I'm just not sure that the effort you're all putting in is worthwhile...
Look, I appreciate you still feel strongly about this, but we've arrived at this philosophy after years of trial and error, and the staff generally like conversations to be managed this way. Doing this is second nature now, and is not "effort" at all. In fact, we would generally consider it much, much more painful to "revert" to our old ways -- that's why we moved away from it. No matter what reasons you think you have, that just isn't the sort of Forum we want. So I'm open to discussions on some matters (and I'm sure there are things that can still be done to improve the quality of discussion), but on this particular issue you might as well consider the topic closed. You will never convince me that having free thread creation in anime sub-forums is a good idea because I've been there, I know what it's like, and I never want to go back. All the staff at the time made this change as a result of dissatisfaction with the old method, so going back just isn't going to be considered. Sorry...

(Anyway, I don't want this whole thread to be hijacked by this old issue that was already rejected once before. Then again, I think the main issue is resolved...)