View Single Post
Old 2009-12-13, 17:26   Link #1733
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetstorm View Post
You brought up Hatsukoi as a reason for it being canceled and claiming it isn't an infant state. On the contrary, I'd say it is as most weekly shounen manga only start getting to their main plots around the 40-50 chapter mark. Some even later then that. The ones that survive anyway. Most things before that barrier are the episodic and introduction chapters. So yes, I'd say Hatsukoi was still in an infant stage and Kawashita had more planned for her series before the cancellation
If the manga ends with ch 30 then there is no point of saying it is in infant state because it is over - it reached its full potential already. Basta, finish, kaput, finito. It cannot go only longer - its full growth is what it is.

I do not care if it was planned to grow for 100 or 5000000 chapters, if it ends with ch 30 thats it's 'adulthood' already.

So saying that for shounen 30 chapters is an infant stage is way too optimistic. Hatsukoi is not the only shounen who ended prematurely. And I do not care about potential or plans, I am talking about facts and facts show that 30 chapters is already a solid age.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote