Thread: Licensed Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 (BONES)
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-13, 21:40   Link #1102
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by old school anime fan View Post
I don't think that in a period of national emergency that they'd be worrying about a credit card at that very moment, plus I think that once a state of emergency is declared money would not be an issue, the national government is after all responsible for its citizens.

In TM 8.0 the scale of deaths was 120x greater than the deaths of the 9-11 attacks on the U.S and with Japan having less than 1/2 the U.S population the effect would be 240x greater, so I don't think that they'd be worrying about cash at that moment.

Also, with most people not really knowing who's dead or alive in any given family I think that Mari's and Mirai's ID of Yuuki's body would be enough, plus Yuuki would most likely have his student ID somewhere on his person.
Businesses do worry about payments. That medical staff wasn't working for free and neither are the crematoriums. The supplies to the hospital weren't free. Bills have to be paid. When you can get paid, you look for payment. (That nice nurse that did the patient's medical history in Mirai's dream was also gettng the payment info I bet.) It decreases the government debt as the government will be the ones sucking up the debt from the disaster if the hospitals, employees, etc aren't paid by normal means. Bodies can be frozen while awaiting to be picked up.

You really didn't think that the hospital staff wasn't being paid for this?

Edit: Of course, being a nice MD only goes so far.

Last edited by orion; 2009-09-13 at 21:58.
orion is offline   Reply With Quote