View Single Post
Old 2010-07-09, 15:17   Link #40
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeijiSensei View Post
I'm trying the beta of Firefox 4.0 at the moment. My first reaction is that it seems to load graphics-heavy pages faster than its predecessor.
That'd be because FF4 tentatively (not perfect yet) introduces the principle of hardware acceleration - it defers a lot of the rendering work to the GPU instead of the CPU, thus reducing the CPU overhead. Furthermore, with all the premature HTML5 promotion that everyone's been doing (ten years before the official recommendation will be issued) lately (Steve Jobs appears to be very determined about putting Adobe Flash out of business), hardware acceleration will be more commonplace in next-gen browsers - especially due to the new animation capabilities (<canvas> and all that).

Not sure about you ellow Opera users, but 10.60 is horribly buggy for me. Dragonfly (which I use every once in a while) takes an eternity to load up and as a whole, 10.60 keeps crashing all the time (5-6 times today). If this keeps up, I'll be forced to roll back to 10.54...or wait for 10.70.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2010-07-09 at 15:52.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote