Thread: Game of Thrones
View Single Post
Old 2011-06-21, 01:37   Link #271
Nosauz

There you, go thats all I wanted, qualify that it is YOUR OPINION, and not some objective criteria that you are claiming "best". Actually there is a lot of complexity to the story then just warring warlords, and kings. And actually the mystical is severly downplayed other than Dani's tale, and the former Targeryn lineage having dragons/old gods of the north. In the end it's a good series, and no each point doesn't have to be woven as some masterful tapestry, it's just a lot of the things in the show don't fit with what the show is trying to convey, the simple notion of Live or die, is a significant concept, Ned's death is foreshadowed due to his inability to understand the complexity of the game, Robert dies, due to his negligence or the game, the way of life in Westeroes, the Targeryn line is dead because they lost focus of the rules of the game, as the title of the show implies. I love cinema, and those blaring contradictions just don't dictate best, and if it's your opinion that's fine. Unfortunately my enthusiasm is tempered due to the lack of melding the qualities of cinema with the story from the books.

PS it makes an ass out of you when you assume, I acutally don't enjoy the combat all that much, I much prefer Theon's self precieved judgements, or Tyrion interacting with his father or others, showing the difference in tone, I enjoy the implications of Joffery's rein, but it doesn't mean I don't like when Khal Drogo rips the tongue out of an insubordination rider, or when Bronn defeats the Knight of the Vale using "cowardly" moves, again these things are not mutually exclusive of the voice the show can bring, unfortunately there are things in the show that muddle that voice and that is what I have the hardest time with when watching.

@James, from what was shown in the first season, they are only zombies in the sense that they are undead, but yes they have "goals" beyond consumption.
Although come to think of it, the first episode points more towards zombie, and the last recent encounter was so short, so you'll have to watch the next season to find out.

Last edited by Nosauz; 2011-06-21 at 01:48.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote