View Single Post
Old 2012-06-23, 18:45   Link #26
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I live in the Bay Area, and me, my friend, and his dad sometimes go camping on Angel Island in San Francisco. The place is pretty nice, with a beach and docks and food stands and all that stuff. But there's also quite a bit of history on it too. For one, an dilapidated WWII hospital is located on it. We've been there twice, as the first time everything was fine. The second time we got there, was the last time we'd ever go.

The hospital itself is multiple stories and divided into buildings. The second floor and upwards is off-limits, and the stairs have been destroyed to prevent people from getting there. A lot of graffiti is painted on the walls, a few of which were ghastly stories and such. I remember reading one, talking about the "Door behind the building." Of course, we were merely skimming the messages, but I recalled that one as soon as the event had occurred.

So, it's starting to become dusk when we visited the hospital on our second visit. The sun is setting behind the horizon, and a cold wind is persistent. Nevertheless, being the adventurers we were, we enjoyed staying at the place during the darker hours. We brought flashlights to see inside the building. Earlier on, a few other groups of people were present, so things weren't quite so scary. But once they had all gone, and we were alone, we began to get a little scared of course. Eventually we went behind the building to see the stairwell to get up the hill. On our way there, we came across this small tunnel built into the side of the hill with only a single door to enter it. The door was the epitome of creepy. It was barred, moldy, and gave off an air of terror. But as if that wasn't enough...

We approached the door, thinking it scary and stuff, and we joked about "What if's" and all that. Out of nowhere this monstrous voice just came out nowhere and grew in volume for a split second as the door slammed against its locked position. We jumped ten feet and ran our asses off to get off the island. We decided never to go back.

True story. This was the door: