View Single Post
Old 2012-10-12, 14:17   Link #1293
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
There's simply no quality on the right side of the room and this is the view of someone who vote Republican from 1975 to 1999.
I'm still a registered Republican, a baby compared to you I admit (couldn't resist boasting youth ), and I actually took few positive in Ryan from this debate. Yeah, he is still muddled, but he appeared to be the best person that can lead the Republican party when the competition is Santorum, Trump, Bachman, that black guy who likes his women white, the adulterer, and Mr. Romney himself. If things don't work out for Romney/Ryan this time around, I think the VP debate answered the question for the Republican faithful about who is poised to be the Republican candidate for 2016. One of the main reason the Super Pac for Republicans pouring so much money into this election even though it's headed by a guy like Romney is because the future looks very bleak for the Republican party. Ryan's performance last night showed there is still hope. For Ryan himself, the problem is how he can maintain a safe distance from the extremism that has taken over the GOP and still be the leading hope for the party in the coming years.

As for the debate, I very much enjoyed the beautiful pearly-while denture work Biden eagerly showed so many times. I ran into the kitchen to pour me some tea as soon as he came out saying, "Well, it's just malarkey" I just could not afford to go to sleep. I agree with James that he sounded dismissive and came across as condescending when he was talking to Ryan, but I guess the Obama-camp's priority was to stop the bleeding however they can. When Mr. Potato-head himself (aka Chris Mathews for anyone who doesn't know) breathlessly declared Obama was terrible, you know the Democrats had every reason to panic. So, they unleashed fury. They unleashed Biden. And he did not disappoint. This performance by Biden certainly re-energized the Democratic base which was needed desperately and carefully aimed at. Obama can take it from there.

Obama obviously can't be like Biden because that's impossible for obvious reasons. He can, however, say everything Biden said word for word without the smirk, condescending-tone, and without any dismissive attitude ......and I believe he will pretty much have this election in the bag. The only place I can see Obama can be made uncomfortable would be his handling of Libya, but he has done so well in almost every other venues of foreign policy that I can't see him in trouble. He will also have to muster conviction even if the stage is set on top of the Himalayas. The coming debate is the town-hall format, so Obama can't afford to show people like the last time that perhaps he had enough of the presidency. When you want to play president of the US, you will need to be the man of all trade, including a firm grasp of the affect of Populism.

That said, GOP may have finally found a not-laughable candidate in Ryan for the next president election in the not so distant future. Hopefully, this performance from Ryan will also convince Santorum that perhaps sending your kids to college isn't a bad thing after all. Close behind Bachman, he is my second favorite politician.