View Single Post
Old 2006-08-11, 18:42   Link #74
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
In contrast... Gundam ship armors were like paper.
This is true to the point where I wonder why they aren’t more like Wing ships, where all the larger vessels are little more than unarmed transports.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
Not too surprisingly, a lot of Macross series acquired the technical aid of the JASDF (Japanese Air Self-Defense Force).
This explains a lot. I especially liked the amount of focus they put on details like dedicated recon vehicles, ECM, military bureaucracy, etc., etc. By comparison, Gundam shows generally seem to be made by people who have just the slightest inkling what militaries were supposed to look like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak
- Tak (We need another Macross, but we can only get one every few years)
Too true. Unfortunately, it looks like Kawamori went off the deep end over a decade ago, and while his shows are still entertaining, they lack the oomph that was present in his earlier works.

UPDATE: I just watched the first few episodes of SDF Macross for the first time. Wow, that was great! Fast paced, and filled chock-full of fun moments. Why can't more Gundam shows, and mecha shows in general, be more like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Yeah we know already of your strange love of Seed Destiny the ultimate clip show and time waster.
Liking Seed Destiny is neither strange, nor even all that unusual – as the OP for this thread demonstrates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclipze
And about the whole "mainstream vs non-mainstream" debate:
Kudos. That was well written.

Last edited by 4Tran; 2006-08-11 at 23:49.
4Tran is offline   Reply With Quote