View Single Post
Old 2008-03-16, 00:14   Link #1
Jeiku

"Middle-ground" romance manga.

For a while I've been searching for a simple sort of romance manga, yet one that is seemingly impossible for me to find. Basically, I just want to read a cute, slice-of-life, non-harem romance that is neither overly dramatic or overly comedic. By comedic I mean a sort of formula that I see attached to many ecchi romance comedies - such as the male lead encountering a girl and taking the whole series or a good portion of it before he finally realizes his feelings for her and vice-versa. I've grown pretty tired of seeing these all over the place (or I might just not be looking hard enough) and I want to read a series in which both characters settle down (and in an actual romantic relationship, not a "we're just classmates" kind of one) and are adjusting with each other's company in their day-by-day lives. No massive heavy drama, no excessive accidental boob-grabs, no "RIVAL LOVER HAS APPEARED" plot twists. Just something plain, simple, and most important of all, sweet and cute. It can be ecchi, just as long as it's clear that that isn't the main focus.

Unfortunately, I don't really have a great list of examples to explain further - I've only managed to come across one that adequately matches my criteria. If anybody has read My Lovely Ghost Kana by Yukata Tanaka, then they will know exactly the sort of story and subgenre I am referring to. I fell in love with this manga right away, and I want to know if there is anything else like it out there. Any help whatsoever would be appreciated.