View Single Post
Old 2010-07-01, 11:33   Link #73
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well the two most discussed things in this series as I can see is the narrator and the main male.

Leaving the voice issues aside (some like Kuroko's voice, some don't) I do think that there were too much of those comments here - some were well placed (bath scene) but some were just annoying because narrator was talking at the same time as the characters and because the narrotors voice is not like HnG (deep, easily distinguishable from others characters) voice it can one easily leave confused on who is telling what line.

Thats why I think they really need to tune down the narrator's comments so that at least it would not interrupt the characters dialogs too much.

And another thing is the main male - while usually most of main males get discussed for being bland etc. this one is rage worthy because all of his phobias make him an ultimate wimp. I really have trouble remembering other male characters who could match this level of pathetic. I mean his love confession has to be most pathetic and embarrassing confession I have ever seen.

For some it may be an interesting character - the creators instead of creating an average somewhat wimpy character, go and make an extreme wimp who would be an epitome of wimp and his very few redeeming qualities are too generic and plain to make it right.

Worse is that he is not reliable at all - they gave him the job and he utterly and pathetically failed (only the girl herself made it right in the end) and his shield action did not seem touching in the sightliest.

Maybe he will improve but I think it will be a remaining gag through the rest of this anime - an embarrassing pathetic hero for whom things still turn out good because of luck or because of others skills.
Darknemo2000 is offline   Reply With Quote