View Single Post
Old 2012-10-09, 23:28   Link #25
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
until we find something that you deem acceptable to define a genre that already has valid definitions because you, Triple_R, have decided that the existing definitions just aren't good enough.

In the history of animesuki nobody has ever created a thread asking for "melodrama" in the suggestion section.

People in the anime fandom just don't go asking "So,what good melodrama has aired lately",I really wish they did though.That's where Triple_R is coming from.

Thad being said I'd like to get back to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R
People who like serious drama, and are looking first and foremost for serious drama, may well find that a show like Tari Tari is not dramatic enough for them. Labeling shows like Hyouka and Tari Tari as "dramas" may well do a disservice both to these shows, and people who specifically go out of their way to find dramas.
I've just now stated asking myself this,"drama" has always been a very broad term and continues to be one in other mediums besides anime today,so why should anime be any different?As an example here's the list of golden globe nominees for drama you'll see that the amount of "drama" in them varies greatly.