View Single Post
Old 2010-04-23, 14:37   Link #8789
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeagullCrazy View Post
Ah, sorry, it must have been the way I worded it. I meant the chain-locked rooms from EP1, EP5, and EP6.

But that's another good point. EP3's first twilight kills off both Shannon and Kanon right at the start. Yet we see their ghosts at the very end. Shkanon can't explain that, because if both Kanon and Shannon are confirmed dead in red (which they are) then Sayo can't be alive at all. So what do ghost-Kanon and revived-Shannon represent?
Oh, seems like I was mistaken. Well, I think the Hideyoshi/Eva room in both EP1 and it's apparent parallel in EP5 are the hardest ones to solve. I thought of the culprit breaking into the room with the pliers and killing them, then pretending to cut the chain. This would probably involve Genji as an accomplice. But then I thought about the EP5 one, where the culprit really seems to kill him inside the room while the chain is set. I actually think it would be best if the murders are a little simpler in nature, and not some complicated wire-etc-tricks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LyricalAura View Post
I think you missed this post.
Oh I was just thinking about who the Kinzo the parents recognized in EP4 might be, and I thought of Kanon because lack of real name. But this was an entirely new thought for me, for Kanon to have polydactyly, where he might be the one in the boiler sometimes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
If he's going to follow the traditional (read: Christie) mystery formula at all there WILL be a confrontation with the culprit of some kind. Probably.

He definitely won't go into the closed rooms, though, which pretty much confirms my earlier suspicion that not even he knows how any of them work.
I hope for a confrontation with the culprit, wondering how awesome that'll be. Shannon with a shotgun maybe? I have always wanted to see that.

And I wouldn't write a mystery story without knowing the answers first (or at least not publish it before that). Unless Ryukishi really plans to play that way. At least he can set the atmosphere
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote