View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 18:49   Link #55
LostBlue
祭囃子

I'm sure I missed more things. That was just the ones off the top of my head. Most likely the tip of that iceberg.

In respose to USCPharmacist about the complaints. I agree to a degree. DEEN does deserves credit for doing it and getting it out there. But DEEN did a Grade C job at it to the game players' eyes. Reason why this is a ANIME of a SOUND NOVEL.

DEEN you gotta to get at least one of these things right.

#1 the Sound. Not using the any of music or sound effects from the game or subsituting it with something on par was a poor decision. It is a SOUND novel. The SOUND is a big part of the experience.

#2 is the animation. This is an ANIME. It was horrible how the animation quality dropped as the series progressed. The quality was low to begin with but... woah, the sakugas aren't even average quality to today's standard, IMO. Heck, there will be less complaints if the sakugas were at least consistant. DEEN is capable of this, that's what makes it more frustrating. Personally, what annoyed me the most is the stuff DEEN added animation-wise which serve no purpose other than distract from the story in a bad way.

#3 is the story. For the most part, I don't blame DEEN for skipping some of the stuff. Getting even 26 episodes was a blessing. But Tatarigoroshi was bad... I mean terrible... I mean horrible. Tatarigoroshi is the MOST important of the 3 main question arcs. Heck, the entire story is more or less is in that one chapter. Pretty much the rampade of complaints about the series from the game players increased tenfold because of DEEN's horrible portrayal of this chapter. With the vast amount of things not shown in that chapter it's very understandable the complaints with the story.

If DEEN at least did a good job one of these, I think for the most part we would be satisfied. The sound especially... especially when it's already laid out and DEEN had a very capable music composer working on the series. Sushi said it before, but AIR wouldn't be the same without the musical score. Same here. It's just not the same.

Quote:
Keiichi Victory declaration!
Spoiler for MAJOR:

Fate of each chapter?
Spoiler: