View Single Post
Old 2006-09-27, 21:16   Link #56
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer
Everything else they might have put in would require cutting the time allotted for something else. It certainly doesn't seem like they ever put anything in that would be easy to cut.
That's true, they can't include every memorable line/scene from the chapters, because it's simply physically impossible to do. So when I say "they left out ____" or "they skipped ____", it's not as a complaint, but as an expression of regret. Because really, the series is so much more than what the anime was able to show, it's really regrettable to see things being cut out.

For example, they didn't include Rena's famous "confession" line in this episode (just before Rena and Keiichi made their final attack):
Spoiler:

But really, there are countless "significant" lines like that, so it'd be unreasonable and pointless to wish to see them all in the anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostBlue
Spoiler for MAJOR:
ZERO played a big part in that "Happy Ending" illusion too. When I was playing Tsumihoroboshi, I already knew about Minagoroshi through magazine previews, so I know it's not going to be the end. Which is why I was quite surprised when everything ended so beautifully with the credits and ZERO playing in the background.

The Demon's Script is a very important TIP, not only because of the "shocking truth" it reveals, but also because it neatly reorganized all the facts and possible theories that resulted from this chapter.

Of course, it doesn't change the fact that the revelation of certain "supernatural" elements (surrounding Rika), which was made clear in this chapter, will disappoint some viewers who were expecting a scientific explanation for everything. The same happened with the gamers too when Tsumihoroboshi / Minagoroshi was released.

Nevertheless, the game was a successful one, because for over 3 years (between Onikakushi's release in 2002, until Tsumihoroboshi/Minagoroshi's release in 2005) the game has kept the fans guessing and talking. Even after Minagoroshi-hen spilled everything, it still remains a highly entertaining novel.