View Single Post
Old 2010-01-10, 11:15   Link #22077
TheShinySword
Master of the Shiny Crack
*Author

Send a message via AIM to TheShinySword Send a message via MSN to TheShinySword
Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post

Okay.... I admit, I am just a little upset...

Every time I tried to look for a story using the search function, no matter what I do, Yaoi just keep popping out of nowhere. It just so happens that Yaoi actually had many different names.....

So everytime I wanted to search a story without Homo theme, I have to type in a long list of words in that [Without words] box.....really frustrating sometimes.
Sorry can't let you drop it. The point is that there's a double standard among people who don't want yaoi/yuri and only want het. That's what Ark was pointing out. It's ridiculous to think there wouldn't be yaoi/yuri as much as it is to think there wouldn't be het.

Now excuse me while I get on my soap box.

If one gets annoyed by people giving stupid reviews telling others what they can and cannot write, one has no right to complain about people writing what they want be it yaoi, yuri, or Het or something that isn't shipping all together.

I don't want to hear anyone complain about "There's too much NanoFate" or "Where are the penises D:" or alternatively "Why are there too many penises DX" If you want it to exist then write it. Some of the greatest pieces of anything are out there because someone said "why is there more of X, there should really be more of X" so they did it. If you want more Het then write some. If you want more of one character, do what Raiser did with Yuuno or I did with Zafira.

If people are going to be shipping fanatics then will we be the opposite, which is not someone who accepts only one thing but someone who accepts everything. Be it NanohaxFate, YuunoxNanoha or even FatexHitler.

Sorry but there has been some antiNanoFate feelings around as well as antiYuri even if they're not explicitly stated and it's been really wearing on me.

Last edited by TheShinySword; 2010-01-10 at 11:37.
TheShinySword is offline   Reply With Quote