View Single Post
Old 2012-02-02, 02:14   Link #3709
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm bolding these parts.

You don't know if Sheryl wouldn't have considered that at all. She didn't tell Alto to save Ranka until episode 24, for example, even if she knew he wanted to kill her and that was wrong since episode 23. People aren't perfect, that she is able to be a better woman even if it would be easier to get the rid of Ranka makes her exactly a good person.

Sheryl, movie wise, didn't seem entertaining any thought. You can't say that for certain. She looked very devastated and unsure, frightened too. But she had Grace (who could be possessed by Galaxy Villains) plugged next to her until she heard about Alto. Alto's hospital woes distracted her. But you can see how relieved she looked when they arrested her, immediately after. She didn't even defend herself. Personally, I think she was trapped between the rock and the hard place. She couldn't do anything about it when Grace told her about the plan.

And yes, there was a small conflict because she didn't want to die. She had, gasp, character development in getting the rid off that shred of selfishness that was more of her wanting to live than killing Ranka, IMO.

When Galaxy tried to trick Ranka, emerging after their previous defeat: Sheryl immediately stopped her, even if that would mean her death sentence. It wasn't just she threw away her life for Ranka in that scene after when she pushed her, but she threw away a chance of a cure and her loyalty for her people to save Ranka's life before. This was a more exaggerated and melodramatic character arc, but it was a bit alike how she did in the end of the TV series, she lets Alto go to save Ranka and sings herself to near death until she's safe.
Yeah, I'm sorry, but that line of reasoning is bullshit. You cannot say that "I have no evidence for my argument, but it is totally equal to your argument for which you have evidence". You are assuming, while I am actually using things which really ( well, "really" as in...you know what I mean ) happened during the series and movie.

Yes, you could be totally right in your assumptions. But since we don't have a mindreader for what really went on in the characters head, outside of what we saw and what they told us, your assumptions don't beat what we actually saw happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thess View Post
I'm talking about triangles with two men and one woman. Macross as Plus as example, Isamu was introduced first as the alpha 'bad boy' which fits this.

They are pretty different from the ones between two women and a guy.
Also bullshit. There is no clean division between "romance between two men and a woman" and "two women and a man". We have one single example of the first type of romance, true, but concluding that every other Macross romance will follow that example is a ludicrous assumption. And an insult to the creativity of the writers.