View Single Post
Old 2013-02-01, 23:00   Link #58
BoyTitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Still need subs for the episode, but I'm sold already - Makishima mentions Philip Dick, William Gibson and George Orwell
Dont get why Maki didn't mention Aldous Huxley works instead of Orwell seeing as how the psycho pass verse can be compared more to the universe in brave new world as maki said tho controlling psycho pass does not rule thread fear and despair which is why it would relate alot more to huxley's work.

The only type of new big bad id settle for is sybil or what exactly is behind sybil the machine turns out to be worse than maki and presented in a good fashion. Anything else would be a cheap dragon devoured with little character development to get a cheap fan reaction.I.E the tech guy killing him just isnt needed. Just keep maki the bad guy.

If Ko or Akane don't fight each other or die Kagari is dead. Heck who am I kidding not matter who of those 2 die Kagari is more dead than a red shirt on star trek.

Maki and Go conversation was gold =D and made the episode for me forgot about how much I enjoyed it series needs more of them talking.

MeoTwister5 no sybil does not rule threw fear the series went over this itselt when Maki bought up Orwell. It rules threw a false sense of peace by sacrificing peoples emotion,free will, and one could argue very purpose in life. Again more similar to huxley why was he not bought up >_<.

Aside from Maki and a few anarchist groups most of the people deemed bad or giving dead end jobs by sybil didn't rise up they just gave up on life. For example the high schoolers earlier probably would have never committed crime if not for Maki and just given up on life.

Last edited by BoyTitan; 2013-02-01 at 23:21.