Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-10-21, 09:00   Link #4108
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serperior View Post
Come on! Let's bet. I'll put money of demon-slaying Kyoko to slay the demon Saki, the midget Georgian and Maya Magdalene!

So you guys are putting your money on Kyouko?
Alright, I'll take that bet. I'm putting my imaginary money on Kiyosumi and Rinkai. Sorry Kyouko, as much as I like your new hairstyle. I'm rooting for you to get much needed comfort from Zenno later.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
About Teru, knowing what to expect doesn't help much, just look at Toki and Kuro. Also, being able to read your opponent's soul is way more supernatural than table control if you ask me. I do agree with Saki's style being more sneaky and devious. They're both scary, but in different ways: with Teru you just want it to stop, with Saki you don't even know it's begun until it's too late.

About my previous comment, it's not that it qualifies her as villain, it just makes her look like one. Also, Kyoko isn't really that weak in Saki's eyes, it seems, it's just that Kyoko herself doesn't realize this strenght yet (another common hero character trait, may I add).
I agree. I'm merely replying to Myssa's assessment that Saki feels more dangerous/scary. But, then again this is really at the realm of personal opinion.
To paraphrase... Do you fear the attack the you can see coming but cannot stop? Or the one that you cannot see coming until its already done?

Yeah. I guess its more better to say that Saki makes a terrific antagonist/rival than a villain. This is why I would like my other favorite characters to be matched up to her. Even if they inevitably lose, I get to love them more in the process.

Last edited by night_sentinel; 2013-10-21 at 09:20.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote