View Single Post
Old 2006-12-27, 17:36   Link #2
Zaris
of Porsche

Send a message via AIM to Zaris Send a message via MSN to Zaris Send a message via Yahoo to Zaris
So I'm thinking of a few things:

Something very strange happened in the previous episode. The ball turned into a fiasco. What will happen to Yuuichi, Mai, and Sayuri will really depend on how the rest of the school (embodied in the president of the student council) perceived the event. Did Mai really cause all that trouble? Are they so blind to think that a bunch of people can be tossed aside by air and blame Mai regardless? Or are they going to realize that a very strange phenomena transpired and people will start believing in demons, transforming foxes, and the like? There's only two ways Mai can go in my opinion: an instigator of trouble or a sword-wielding freak (for lack of a better term. The latter is actually the less harsh of the two).

There's always the possibility that the students (who actually took the blows besides the student council president) will see Mai as a hero despite the president's claims. But enough's enough. We'll see how the story unfolds within the next 24 hours.

Something I'm really wondering. This is episode two/three of the Mai subplot (depending on how you look at it). It's almost prime time to start delving into Mai's past. If you recall the OP to Kanon, there's a younger version of Mai wearing bunny ears and a boy (who could be regarded as Yuuichi) chasing each other in a field of wheat. This is pure speculation, but it would seem that Yuuichi and Mai did have a history seven years ago but they both forgot about it. Of course, this is based on the assumption that those two young kids in the wheat field really ARE Mai and Yuuichi - though I don't doubt it for a minute.

Okay, let's see what happens.