View Single Post
Old 2003-11-10, 04:35   Link #38
raikage
日本語を食べません!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir
Neji's ability is actually a little bit more advanced. He not only see the main chakra points but also see the sub points which are connected to the main points and Neji can disrupt the chakra flow by attacking those subpoints with his unique ability..Now with my amaturish skill using Byukugan, i will just try to punch out those main-points in the chakra flow, and I dont have to be Neji to do that...
You can TRY, but you can't do it...

The Sharingan lets you copy ninjutsu [well-established]. It does NOT, however, allow you to copy taijutsu JUST LIKE THAT. Otherwise, Sasuke would have been able to use the Lotus anytime he wanted to. He 'borrowed' the kick from Rock Lee, but couldn't do the rest. If he tried to copy Neji's open-handed combat, he couldn't do it very well. He doesn't know how to flow his chakra into his enemy (and the Sharingan can't show you that one), and he definitely can't hit the chakra holes. I don't care what you say, he CAN'T. He'd just be poking blindly.

'But he can copy ninjutsu, so he must be able to copy taijutsu too, since it's simpler!'
Nope. How does a ninja perform jutsu? Hand seals, right? Easy to copy, doesn't require a high degree of dexterity or precision the way open-hand does. If your left hand is a little bit off, it doesn't really matter.

Plus, the Sharingan's greatest strength can also be a bit of a weakness. Knowing ten thousand techniques is cool, but knowledge ≠superiority.

Many of the most effective (real-life) fighting systems have only a few moves. Kakashi KNOWS a thousand jutsu. He is not the MASTER of a thousand jutsu. There's a difference. It's like being a yellow belt in four martial arts instead of a master at one.

Plus, the Hyuga use tai-chi! Can't disrespect tai-chi!

Last edited by raikage; 2007-05-13 at 12:01.
raikage is offline   Reply With Quote