View Single Post
Old 2009-09-24, 08:51   Link #2854
Opace
~Lies evolves into Truth~

Send a message via MSN to Opace
Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
As a person who has been reading this series since 2006, I'm just annoyed at Hata for investing so much time on a character that appeared recently. All these years, I've been waiting for Nagi's and Maria's (proper)developements and I get Athena... for like three months now... no wonder I'm so annoyed.
You do make a very valid point. But I think Hata's just doing this because, in order to gleam more from the heroine's pasts, he should really delve into the central figure of them all; Hayate. We haven't really gone far deep into the characters pasts and explaining Hayate's personality and his personal "quirks" makes more plot-sense as well as saving time and emotions later. I'd imagine it'll be quite a pain and cause a lot of emotions to spill to explain this current arc when we're right in the middle of a heroine's deep past arc, such as Maria's or Hinagiku's.

Quote:
I said, Hata is dragging it too long. Just my impatient complaints. Well, the developments are nice, but as a fan who doesn't like Athena very much, I'm waiting for this plot to be resolved soon.
Fair enough. I personally really like Athena as a character in Hayate no Gotoku right now.

Quote:
I think I mentioned this before, but Hata really should have mentioned Athena more often if she was going to be this important. Because Hata didn't emphasize her importance enough, she's just a character that popped up to me.
I think Hata intentionally did this. Although it does cause quite a bit of grief that Athena is stealing some of the spotlight to you and others around, its a very nice surprise and unexpected in constrast to, say if Hata just kept referencing back to the past of Hayate. I'd imagine the fans would get pissed, moreso than at the moment, if he kept doing that for ~140 chapters before explaining it.

Quote:
Hata did mention that although Maria is in a position where she can only support other characters, she is the main heroine.
I haven't heard of this before, and I am very surprised he would say this. It's quite obvious, to any random passer by that Nagi is the main heroine. Even if it wasn't, there are many lines said and situations happening for Nagi to be so. I would say Maria is one of the most important supporting characters of Hayate and thats the limit of it.

Quote:
True. But, my point there was, we had so little forshadowing of Athena compared to the role she has now. And the characters who were supposed to be heroines aren't appearing to prove themselves to be important to the plot often enough. It's as if the series changed the main character(to me). You know, like the kind of changes you see when they start a new series under same name. The series at the moment is too different from what we used to see in the past, and maybe that's why I'm complaining: Because I'm not used to HnG being like this.
I disagree, I reckon we had enough (not plenty or too little) of the foreshadowing of Athena compared to her current role. Now we know some more background, we can go back and look at Hata's very sly inclusions of her and go "Damn..". Although it didn't make much plot-sense back then, it does now and I just love those past-present-future plot links.

I also disagree with your second point. We haven't really got into the "nitty gritty", so to speak, of the heroines yet, or even our protagonist (which we are doing at the moment). It'll be better to explain Hayate's past then proceed into the other heroines I would think. We have had plenty of "fillers" (although I don't really regard them as fillers) for us to start delving into some of that delicious plot line of Hayate no Gotoku.

Quote:
I just don't know. Maybe I'm saying this because I'm reading HnG weekly right now, not in volumes. My opinion might change when I read this part in volume.
Again, another very valid point. The impact of Hata's actions is somewhat lost in the "fillers" in between the plot-chapters. However, I would think its overall more effective reading it weekly as things forgotten and reminded creates a much more dramatic impact than someone like me who has recently read the volumes (I go thinking "This is important" only for me to be proven right/wrong in a few volumes).

Quote:
Both. It's about time they appeared and grabbed center stage.
Not quite. I would think Hata would want to milk Hayate no Gotoku for what its worth; and rightly so. Its a very entertaining plot line that's quite unique.

Quote:
small reminder: primuler was in really sleepy state when she wrote this so some sentences might not make sense.
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Game8910 View Post
the bad thing is, Hata cares TOO much about his fans, you could say thats why Hinagiku has stolen so much spotlight...I honestly dont think she was supposed to have THIS much focus before
Another valid point. However, I think it is a very smart move from Hata as it pleases the fans as well as moving the plot along nicely. It pleases everybody, without making a detrimental damage to the plotline.
Opace is offline   Reply With Quote