Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-07-15, 17:00   Link #8232
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
Muslims like blacks are still to some extent treated as second class citizens, whether it's racial profiling by police or just xenophobic fears perpetuated by the 24 hour news cycle, Muslims and for that matter anyone in this country should not have to worry about living a life within the rules of this established society while watching their backs.
Shouldn't? Ideally, yes. But reality's what we have to deal with. And I'm unconvinced that pushing on that kind of issues is going to help. Well, now, it's probably too late to back down, but I think it should never have come to that. Some fights are better not fought all than won. Things are steadily getting better. Why risk it at this point?

Quote:
I mean should atheists choose to not espouse their views because this nation is viewed as a christian nation by some?
Should they wear signs reading "Believing is dumb" in front of Churches, even though they have a right to?

Quote:
I'm for civil liberties over any type of fear mongering or xenophobia or even homophobia. I'll be honest I'm uncomfortable around gay people, but I still believe in their right to live their lives as so they choose and that's why I believe each and every person as long as they follow the rule of law should be entitled to equal opportunity.
I'm all for people having rights. I'm also for them choosing wisely when to exercise them.

Quote:
Let's not forget that Fox and Friends said that the new space agency that features a comet is a secret islamic symbol that the President is a secret muslim. If you look at the rhetoric of the tea parties, and their claims that this president is not a valid president, you can see a lot of deep seated hatred for those that don't fight the white christian image. I mean just look at the rants about how this president is a communist and how he's a kenyan, which shows you the utter lack of fact based arguments and instead these groups attempt to appeal to the emotional side because their arguments are not based in fact and are in fact irrational vehicles of hate.
I'm kinda far away from that. I'm having trouble taking it seriously.