Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2011-09-10, 11:41   Link #16433
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
"so why did he make such a big deal about sending the Turkish navy to the Mediterranean sea before ?" you might ask.
the answer, is completely connected to what I've been trying to tell you for a while now.

everybody in the middle east hates Israel.
ergo, if you want to make yourself POPULAR in the middle east, you take an anti-israeli position.
you don't have to actually DO anything, you just have to ACT like you do.

in the last week or so, Erdugan also said two OTHER things.
1)that Turkey is BANNING ALL TRADE WITH ISRAEL - only to later declare that this does NOT apply to private businesses trade (which is the only kind left at this point).
2)that Erdugan himself will visit Gaza in the coming weeks. - only to later say he would visit through the Raffah crossing by Egypt (instead of sailing) and later cancelled even THAT promise.

it DOESN'T MATTER what you actually DO, so long as the papers print your WORDS of hostility against Israel.
That's nonsense, Turkey doesn't hate Israel, Turkey has been Israel's only ally in the middle east for decades. Turkish people are a bit miffed towards their aggresive behaviour towards other peoples in the region...

I think Turkey is simply trying to tell Israel that they can't do whatever they want, and that they can't keep pushing things without them doing anything. Turkey wants respect from Israel. It viewed the refusal of Israel to apologize as a sign of disrespect. Turkey has also been displeased with Israel's behaviour regarding it's mining of eastern mediterranean gas illegally.

Israel has stepped on a lot of country's toes. Even my own country, Ireland, has beef with Israel when Israel used forged Irish passports for their Mossad agents. Israel has been isolating itself from almost every friend it has. All it has left now is the USA.