Thread: Crunchyroll Hunter X Hunter Anime (2011)
View Single Post
Old 2011-10-03, 18:51   Link #218
Toto y Moi
Amor Fati

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiryu View Post
Everyone else notice Biske, Knuckle and Morau's sihoulette? Greed Island is a given, but do you think the Ant arc will have a chance to be animated as well? (although I personally wouldn't be able to take it seriously with the new animation style)
I noticed! What I like about the new animation style is that it matches Togashi's. Togashi intentionally disarms the reader with his "cutesy" style. He'll occasionally throw in disturbingly graphic depictions of violence and shift into extremely realistic drawings of characters; it serves to show the gravity of the situation (and the brutality surrounding the lives of Hunters--especially considering that Gon is an eleven-year-old competing against adults for this profession).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinmaru View Post
I recently watched the original series, and personally it didn't grab me until the second or third round of the Hunter Exam (despite being fairly well directed from the start), so I honestly don't mind that the first episode seems to speed through a few things. There's plenty of time to develop relationships, background, the world, etc. I'm eager for the series to get to the meatier stuff and see if Madhouse puts its mark on it like the original series did so well.
I agree. Although many fans look back fondly upon the series, a significant portion of the first set of episodes are weak in some aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
OH MY GOD -- are they making Kurapica sound GIRLISH?!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvzpJLNB_8A

Go to 3:28. It's nearly just as high in pitch. But the new actress' voice is actually better at acting.
Toto y Moi is offline   Reply With Quote