View Single Post
Old 2013-02-18, 20:33   Link #2980
Sansker
Manus ad Ferrum

Well I will search for it but I am sure about that thing with the limiters. And yes, I think there is a difference between limiters and bombs just saying if you want more control there you have an answer.

And yes, I know how stupid the rivalry between units is in the army. Also I know the TSAB is nothing like that. You see at no point do we see any kind of problem between the ground forces and the air forces. In fact we see them fight side by side and never get in to a discussion over “I am the one in charge here”. You see just because in other works of fictions that happens means is happening here. Also the mage limiter still makes no sense on active agents. Not only reduces their power to respond in an emergency but also sets on them a burden of mistrust because of their power. I mean if we are going to assume then I can say maybe the TSAB is a tyrannical organization that doesn’t really trust other people and wants to keep them under control. But they already show to be a really nice group actually with almost not shady secrets beyond Regius and his brain bosses. So maybe trying to explain it a little too much with that. In the end I go by the fact that limit you agents is not going to help anyone because that is in the assumption all mages are with the TSAB and that all mages agree to be control because they are mages. Then we enter the X-Men territory of registration and control over the fact some people born different. I mean, why not?

So I tend to stop and think about the real reason the limiters exist and the role their serve in the series here and is really just to make room for the forwards so they are more like a plot device to me than a good concept by themselves.