View Single Post
Old 2012-10-06, 15:55   Link #90
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aphrah View Post
Like people have said (myself included), we can only assume that there's a time limit of 10 seconds, if not more, before people actually die in real life after dying in SAO. Kirito managed to land a hit on Heathcliff, which reduced his HP to 0, ending the game and freeing everybody. As for why Asuna survived, there're multiple interpretations: one being that Heathcliff protected her using Immortal status, and another being that Kirito managed to defeat Heathcliff within 10 seconds after her "death".
Interpretations and assumptions aren't good enough. I need an actual legitimate reason or explanation for these things. If it comes later on in the story, then alright, but I don't have very high hopes for that at the moment.

Also how was Kirito able to move his arms after his HP hit 0? Even if there was that delay you mention, he should have been a totally immobile state even after his HP was gone.

Quote:
I think most of the plot threads over the course of the series were closed in this episode. Are there further unexplained anomalies?
Read above statement.

Quote:
Could you clarify? I think the tension between this being a game and being reality was explored quite handily in the last episode, and this episode continues that theme and brings it to a conclusion. I didn't see a contradiction... but maybe I'm missing something.
The scene near the start of episode 5 with Kirito sleeping underneath that tree is largely what I'm referring to.