View Single Post
Old 2011-03-20, 06:30   Link #9067
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegir View Post
1) I'll check about it later in baka-tsuki.

About the infos, apparently it was my friend's personal hypothesis, but he himself has forgotten about his own reasoning for it

2) Indeed it would. Can't left a religion with more than 1 billion adherers alone while Christianity, Judaism, and Buddhism have been all thoroughly exploited

Potentially so. But then again, Islam also has this concept of "power that God permits", ruqyah. And there are also differing definitions of the word sihr among muslims, too.

1) Christianity also forbids it.

Also, there is Sufism in Islam, which is indeed Islamic mysticism. Sounds like a gold mine of many magical traditions for me

However, there is also Salafism, that is the school of anti-mysticism and speculative theology, the ultra-Orthodox. Wahabism is a brand of Salafism. And there happens to be this certain Wahabi country in our world's Middle East which does seem rich enough if it is to invest a load in scientific ESP development program...

2) Somehow I rather not having the author introducing Islam in canon. Not only I have my own personal reasons but I'm rather skeptical about the author's depth of knowledge about Islam

Some say Angels are God's puppets, some say they have limited sentience and personal autonomy.
That's why most of the Christian magic concepts here are actually Kabbalistic. Jewish mysticism solves that since Judaism and Christianity are so similar.