View Single Post
Old 2008-11-26, 18:11   Link #2014
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urei View Post
What are you trying to do Tak? Destroy the 2 person oposition so that the board will go silent in a few days?
Oh hey, ya know, she picked a fight, only to tell me not to pick a Japanese war with her. Ok, well, then, why start?

Because I am not going to take a challenge laying down. So I met her with a Blitz through and back, that is all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Hentai
I am not very sure yet, but was Ranshe not infected by the Vajra, when she became Ranka? This explains why Ranka is immune to the disease and can communicate with them.
That is correct, Ranshee was infected as the experiments were done to herself prior to her giving birth to Ranka. Thus Ranka was immune, but had the abilities to communicate with the Vajra.

Quote:
On the other side, how would someone of you see it if your grandparents would experiment on you... does not sound quite well, right? And not everybody on the 117th fleet was as ruthless as Grace.
I don't think it was ever stated or confirmed that Sheryl was experimented by Mao. I believe it was after Sheryl was picked up by Grace. This was sensible to Grace due to her lineage. If Sheryl was just another random person, I don't think Grace would have been very interested. But Sheryl was anyone but an ordinary person. She came from a lineage of individuals capable of communicating with the Vajra (not Proto-culture), which greatly provoked Grace's interest. Perhaps she thought to amplify her powers by experimenting on her? Unfortunately, it would appear the genes that made the Nome sisters so powerful 50 years ago disappeared by Sheryl's generation. To be honest, I was expecting Sheryl to pull a Sara by the end of 25, I really did. It would have made her revival just that much sweeter. After all, there was a huge emphasis on the earrings, on her lineage, and on the events in ZERO... *sigh* missed opportunities...

Quote:
Tak, Sheryl got a bit help from Rankas former manager. So Grace actually underestimated the people of Frontier. Sheryl only had her will after she got dumped by Grace.
When I said managed herself, which I translated from the article, it did not mean that Sheryl was simply managed by another person. Rather, the article was talking about how she was able to stand back on her own two feet without relying on Grace, which Grace certainly underestimated Sheryl's abilities to help herself. She thought Sheryl would just collapse and die.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.