View Single Post
Old 2009-04-12, 02:22   Link #1054
Mystique
Honyaku no Hime
*Fansubber

Location: In the eastern capital of the islands of the rising suns...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Which sports is more popular in Japan? Baseball or soccer? Japan won the WBC twice and have many famous player in MLB. But in soccer there was success of Japanese player like Nakata who won the Serie A with Roma and Nakamura, who won the SPL player of the year and SPL, and 2002 WC success. Looking at it both sports should be very popular in Japan but I don't know which one is more popular than other.
Sadly baseball.
Methinks America and Japan are the only two countries in the world that take it on a major ass level, especially nationally.
Football has the world cup and while Japan did pretty well in... 02 was it when they hosted it with S Korea, both America and Japan aren't as strong nor probably passionate about it...
Well, Japan more so then America definitely.
But I'm sure baseball enthuiasts all know about 'Ichiro'. The coverage baseball gets over here in the back of the newspapers completely shadows football unless its the World Cup or something (once every 4 years though...)

It's amusing when I came here and people looked at me thinking i surely must have known something about baseball.
Until I tell them I'm from UK and aside from America and Japan, don't look to Europeans much for things concerning baseball, lol.
I understand it, it's not too different from something we have over here called 'Rounders', but Japan wise, I'd go with baseball.

One of those US-Japan culture things

Worrying is like a rocking chair. It gives you something to do, but it doesn't get you anywhere. - Van Wilder
"If you ain't laughin', you ain't livin'." - Carlos Mencia
Mystique is offline   Reply With Quote