View Single Post
Old 2011-03-09, 12:06   Link #4712
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Okay so my finals start next week, and aside from my medical licensure exam 2 years from now this is quite possibly the most important set of 5 exam days in my life, bridging the line between dumbass and doctor (fail and I won't qualify for internship, the last requirement for my "doctorate"). Too bad I suffer from episodic exam anxiety attacks for the last 2 years, complete with retching, alternating constipation and diarrhea. I'd get medicate if I didn't already know this was purely psychological.

So question and advice: Can anyone suggest/link what they think (personally) as effective mental and somatic relaxing advice/techniques/methods? It can range from anything from meditations, drinks, exercise or basically anything that will help me calm the fuck down before I throw up in the classroom next Monday.

Studying is one thing but being mentally and emotionally calm and still in taking it is something else entirely. Any help is appreciated, and you'd be doing me a HUGE favor.

Edit - and if you're wondering why I'm asking it here, it's because I seem to trust you crazy people more than some random website peddling advice.
Well, given the field you are in you perhaps would already know this, but I'll mention it just in case. Never underestimate the power of eating wholesome healthy foods in keeping your body and mind feeling fresh. Nutrient-rich vegetables, and fish like sardines or salmon which are rich in DHA and EPA omega-3's as well as the amino acid tryptophan promote a healthy body and a relaxed/happy mental state. I would also recommend some rigorous exercise when you have the free time; the endorphin release can be an unparalleled natural high. Additionally, I like to drink a lot of oolong or green tea during times like you mentioned since they simultaneously stimulate due to the caffeine but also relax/fight stress due to the theanine and other related compounds.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote