View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 00:57   Link #66
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I can't argue with you, because you don't seem to have read up on Haki as we have been discussing. You keep bringing up points that we've addressed numerous times in the Haki thread and outside of it. Like I said, in a previous post, if you want to carry on the argument, post it over at the Haki thread, and read the thread before you post.
Again, that won't change the fact that those are all speculation. And, how can you say everything on the topic was discussed when you are not even aware of what nen is?

Quote:
Haki is an extremely common 'power up' that's used widely in Asian comics, namely Chinese manhwa and Japanese manga. Street fighter had Haki as a center of focus, Fist of the North Star had, even Super Robot Wars had a series of mechs powered by Haki.

The concept of Haki comes straight from real life, its also a word that can be applied in real life.

Its totally unlike Reiatsu and Chakra and such where you cannot actually use it in daily conversations to talk about or describe someone or something.
Let me also give my answer. The word being used in other places does not mean they will be the same. They may share some common points, but the implication may be totally different. In my understanding, if you can transfer a power to an object, then you talk about it and its uses.

Quote:
But Haki is different, its used to relate to us, real human beings while allowing itself to be a power-up.
I think, with the presence of abilities like creating dark holes, turning into animals, elementals, turning into materials, controlling minds, making people fly 3 days and 3 nights, it is a mute point to talk about the need and necessity of a realistic ability. It is not like Oda was in dire need of making it realistic, hence he can give any kind of transformation he desires to the ability.