View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 11:24   Link #73
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Thinking more than been a relative of Luffy, I think Lufffy has another strong love Interest there with Boa (She said she like Luffy, and good looking girls sort of dig guys that treat her beauty indifferent…:P) remember that Luffy also have Lady Alvida!!!

Now see, this is one of the chief reasons why I support the "Hancock is Luffy's mother" theory in the first place. I just feel that a love interest would be too much of a burden for Luffy, especially when he doesn't show that much interest in women in the first place (at least, not that kind of interest). I'm not saying that romance is a bad thing, but I'd like to think Luffy can take all the time in the world to find his "Pirate Queen" after he makes his dream of becoming Pirate King come true....

Heh, funny thing, though.... I was recently reading part 6 of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure, and there was actually a flashback that involved two people who had no idea that they were related falling in love with each other. Imagine if a similar situation were to arise in OP.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
This is strange... how could they keep them under control, if they had the power of Haki and even of the DF?

But even worse: Why waste a DF on a slave?

Rurik pretty much already said it, but it's simply because the World Nobles are assholes. Remember how Charlos was about to blow 500 million berry on Camie, just so he can place her in a piranha tank? It's a similar situation here. Plus, they already have the means to control slaves anyhow (exploding collars, seastone, etc.). Remember, very few people actually stood up to the Nobles, because that would mean making an enemy out of the entire government....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
About the Haki, I highly doubt that they could use it properly by that time (Boa mentioned she hasn’t mastered her type so far)

That was a mistranslation. She was talking about Luffy's Haki. She may not have had full mastery of her own Haki when she was a slave, but I think we can safely assume at this point that Hancock has full control over it now....

Last edited by marvelB; 2008-11-07 at 11:41.