View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 12:05   Link #76
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Also, we can't forget to mention that they live in a strip of the ocean that's filled to the brim with many vicious sea kings. The Kuja amazons have no choice but to grow strong in an environment like that. It's really no wonder why so many of them are able to use Haki like they do. Everywhere else, most people have the convenience of superior technology and DF abilities to survive, so they wouldn't be able to develop a will as strong as those of the Kuja amazons....
Yeah. I can dig that. I guess it makes sense. Good explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C.A. View Post
I'd give it to you if you're along these lines, which I don't even know if they make good sense:

"Everyone has to breathe, but they can be taught to breathe."
"Eating is an instinct, but you can also be taught to eat."
"Everyone has a fear in them, but they can be taught to fear something."
----------

Anyway for actual discussion on this chapter itself, on stuff like Fisher and people who may be related to him.

Dragon for one, may be related to him as people have stated.

From what we've heard, Fisher climbed Red Line alone, bare handed and single handedly went against WG. It was a lone act he did himself, he wasn't doing it with anyone else.

I'd like to think that Dragon was also one of those people he rescued from slavery and only from there he joined the Sun Pirates and inspired to become a revolutionist. He has a tatoo on his face, though it doesn't seem like one of those slave tatoos.
That one, the third one, I found pretty interesting. It just caught my attention. Oh, and people breath whether they are taught or not. The muscle (diaphragm) must move, as long as the person doesn't will it to stop. Just like the heart. So one can't exactly be taught to breath, as such.

So I was sorely wrong about the symbol on her back being an ensignia of Dragon...

It was pretty disapointing the way it turned out, though. Seeing as they're friends of sorts, now Luffy won't get to fight Boa. It shows that the ShichiBukai won't be stormed through, but it's also sort of disheartening... I wanted to see her fight.

Tops for this chapter as usual. Can't wait for the next.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.