View Single Post
Old 2008-11-07, 12:58   Link #80
kari-no-sugata

Anyone else reminded about how Luffy climbed up that ice covered mountain to save Nami in Chopper's intro arc...?

Hancock clearly ranks Luffy on a level of "great stupidity" she's only seen/heard of once in her whole lifetime. It seems likely to me that Hancock will personally give Luffy a lift back. Maybe this will lead to some rumour about Luffy+Hancock (Sanji is so going to go ballistic!)

But what is Hancock going to do about her Shichibukai status and the Marine demands for her help fight against Whitebeard? Luffy still doesn't know about this - I think he'll be rather surprised Hancock is a Shichibukai. I suspect she wanted it to give her power/protection and basically ignored the WG/Marine requests until now - she wouldn't want to obey a bunch of WG men.

Perhaps she and the rest of the crew on the ship (which will certainly include Margaret) will get dragged into the war along with Luffy. I think she will quickly decide (at some point) that her Shichibukai status will no longer be of any value. Instead, to protect the island, it may be better to actively rebel against the WG instead...