View Single Post
Old 2014-08-29, 08:11   Link #1240
bebichocpha

Quote:
Well, IIRC, most of the Baka-Tsuki translations come from the Chinese websites. That being said, it's getting difficult to get translations from the original Japanese source because a large number of Chinese fan translators and the fans themselves are pretty much dropping this series after the controversy with the NTR plot device thrown in volumes 5 and 6 (as much as I wanted the anime to be a two-cour series covering up to volume 6, I forgot that volumes 5 & 6 was too dark and controversial to be animated, and the viewers would hate the series even more). That being said, NTR isn't the worst thing an author can do to piss anyone off. Depictions of rape, particularly on young children, is even more upsetting to fans than NTR (this is why Urobutcher's willingness to depict rape in most of his works as a source of tearjerker and drama got criticized a lot).
Kinda disappointed to hear about the reason! Btw, I don't think NTR is the reason to drop BB since SAO also has NTR, though there are translators who are willing to get the job done . Btw, would you mind to forward me sources which can update me the latest progress of BB?
bebichocpha is offline   Reply With Quote