View Single Post
Old 2012-05-05, 08:18   Link #1273
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by DemiSoda View Post
Butterfly Queen is alive and well already? Give me a break. Looks like my fear of last week's episode being terrible was right and it continues to have these asspull plot twists. I mean how the hell is she alive and well after effectively hinted to be either in a coma or paralyzed. She got hit by a friggin car and was bleeding pretty damn badly (not to mention the amount of bones she would have broken).
One wants to call Yoshino out on this cause this is one of his favorite "twists", but they covered this base last episode with the whole capsule thing and the mention of nano-machines and accelerated healing. I give them a break on this one cause it was properly established beforehand and not just like one of the many Gai from Guilty Crown situations where he's just okay because and able to walk away from large explosions and death except when he can't.

That said I'm starting to understand more and more why Yoshino was chosen or chose to take a part in this show. He practically lives for this sort of material. I have a question for novel readers though, was Haru on this level of moping and self-effacing or is this just Yoshino going overboard with his Yuki Kaji voiced lead character again? I have to admit it's starting to feel like Haru is doing that two steps forward one and a half steps back thing with his progress in being less weak-willed to the point where it starts to feel like a retread and I definitely don't want a repeat of some of the other Kaji/Yoshino characters I've seen in recent years. So that's my concern going forward.

As it stands this is also why I'm okay with KYH being brought back within an episode even though I was curious to see what one without her in the thick of things looks like. The show doesn't really have the same luster without her there to get Haru to smarten up when he gets a little too mopey.

Quote:
And the whole Taku and MC battle was so "shoneny" it was hilariously bad. As was the "making up". Looks like I was expecting wrong things again . I'll give this one more episode. If it continues to have such "shonen" elements and asspull plot twists then I think I'll stop watching it.
You can criticize the fight choreography, you can criticize the animation of the fight, you can even criticize the attacks and their effect, but I fail to see how calling something "shonen" is a fair, valid or even real criticism unless you have an outright hatred of all things Shonen related in which case you ought to have known what you were getting into here. I mean it made it expressly clear that this show was going to have a shonen action feel to it from day 1 so.....yeah sounds like you'll be dropping this then.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2012-05-05 at 08:43.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote