View Single Post
Old 2009-01-16, 21:55   Link #291
solomon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
To me it's not the fact that someone representing the NAACP dissed him, rather it's the situation of how bad a black person has to be received to get a fellow black person in the NAACP NO DOUBT to write something so scathing about another black man in a position of power (IN PHILLY)...Go to a barbershop and discuss McNabb and see how many brutha's take his back...I only know a handful of people who even like this dude...I personally never really liked him and was always pro T.O. in that situation (for my own reasons mind you-not that T.O. was right)..But Donovan just comes off in a way that doesn’t rally people behind him….That’s why I’m like there has to be more that we don’t know…It’s not just that Philly fans are a$$holes, no one ever really backs this guy when the chips are down (well until he got benched – which turned out to be a great decision because he came back with fire in his eyes)…His whole career is just filled with people always feeling lukewarm about this guy…There has to be a reason because his numbers are pretty damn good…I still think he’s lacking in some areas (His accuracy is sometimes atrocious), but if he can win the Soopabowl, maybe all of this fades away…
I'll be particularly frank, I am not THAT invested in the whole matter. As long as he doesn't pull a Micheal Vick like fiasco, I couldn't give a rats behind. I'm just interested in who makes the big game.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote