View Single Post
Old 2011-03-05, 17:10   Link #66
SkyFlames
Silver, the Second

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranuus View Post
Well, I'm a bit (very) behind the times as I've only picked up on Shana recently.
I loved Toradora! and enjoyed ZnT so I was always going to have to check up on Shana eventually

Finished SII last night, which ironically in many ways I enjoyed more than SI (lack of Professor for most of it really helped ) and watched S 1 today.

Although it's not clearly contiguous and it's not heavy going in terms of plot, I did really like watching it this close to the end of SII, as it kinda capped off/reinforced the ending of SII where Yuji broke the love triangle by choosing Shana. [seriously, that smile at the end of S2 Ep24 was one of THE happiest I think I've ever seen animated]

Had a couple of quite nice moments where you saw the inner thoughts of the pair coming out too, kinda subverting the previous 2 seasons by having Shana lead, as usually the more obvious hints (when he's not trying to upset Yoshida and let Ike hit on her) come from Yuji. Most obvious of the lot of course being her temptation and almost kiss of the unconscious Yuji towards the end, and also the little reaction she gave at the end where Alastor explained what the artifact actually did. Great (and funny) stuff.

Just trying to prevent myself watching the rest of the OVAs in short order now so I can space them out between now and SIII arriving.
There is 3 more OVAs and the S3 is coming HOPEFULLY on October, so yeah, you will need a lot of pacience
If you don't resist watching the rest of it, you can always get some spoilers from the novel's thread to know what's going on, since anime provocates massive confussions to the fans