View Single Post
Old 2012-09-02, 06:42   Link #189
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
This all seems very weak to me - a pathetic attempt to try and recast what happened in a less incriminating light. I really don't think most people are going to buy it, and in fact it just increases the contempt I feel for the perps - even now that they've been caught red-handed - on video no less - they won't own up. They're still trying to pretend it's all a misunderstanding. Public figures just never learn - it's rarely the act that ruins you, it's the coverup.

In terms of Kokoro Connect "overcoming" this, I'm not sure what that even means. It wasn't going to sell well, and it wasn't going to have a second season either way. I think it'll finish airing and probably see all the extra eps finished, so in the end I don't think this will have mattered for the show apart from a few hundred fewer discs sold. I hope it doesn't effect the writer and illustrator, who had nothing to do with any of it. The ones who may not "overcome" this are Yamanaka and the two VAs directly involved - their careers may well suffer for this, and they probably should. I don't think their careers should end as a result, but they certainly have no basis to complain if work gets a little harder to come by for a while.
relentlessflame might be correct though that some of the people involved might have thought it was a planned publicity stunt that Ichiki was in on.

At this point I think there is only one way for them to sell the claim that it was a publicity stunt and not bullying- that's if they do introduce the "fake" character in episode 14 and have Ichiki play him. "See, it was a publicity stunt all along, and happy endings for everyone."

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?